Sunday, May 13, 2012

shopping in LA


Hello strangers!
One week, a couple of stiff Baileys and ten nerve-jangling hours in the air later, I'm back from the City Of Angles. And while my body might be jet-lagged, my mind is fully recharged and bursting with new ideas!

I know you're all dying to hear the verdict, so here goes: I absolutely LOVED LA!

I'm quite surprised. I had no idea. I mean, I knew I was gonna like the place (325 days of sun per year - what's not to like?) But love it? No way. So there you go... And I don't think I've had a crush this big since Patrick Swayze got baby out of the corner.

We packed in so much in just five days - the whole LA experience: Universal Studios, an NBA basketball game, partying with celebrities, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive, jogging in Beverly Hills... we even managed to squeeze in some very drunken Cinco de Mayo celebrations. The sun was shining, everyone was smiling and you could definitely feel the American Dream in the air.

I loved it! And perhaps most of all (this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone) I loved the shopping!

Joyrich was top of my list. I first came across the brand when I was working on a feature about
Jessie J and found out it's one of her favourite labels. I've wanted to go ever since. And boy, their flagship store on Melrose Avenue didn't disappoint. The shop is absolutely amazing. You can't miss it - all those beautiful flowers planted on the outside - totally bonkers, but enough to make even the most hardened fashionista swoon. And inside - OMG! (forgive the text talk, I have just come back from the land of Gossip Girl and 90210!) - you don't know where to look first!

It's fun, colourful, inspiring, creative and not too expensive... Okay, so it's not Primark prices, but all the items are unique so they're totally worth it. 



The other shop I absolutely loved was Lauren Moshi. I was dead lucky to stumble across it - the gallery/retail experience is a pop up store for a limited time only and is nestled among another string of boutique shops on South Robertson Boulevard.

Lauren's artwork, clothing and famous canvas totes are inspired by a mix of high fashion and fine art. Most impressive is the fact that every single brush stroke of every single pattern and design is Lauren's own. She's a true artist. And if you think you've seen some of her clothes before, you'd be right - they already have a huge celebrity following, with the likes of Paris Hilton, Jessica Alba, Selena Gomez and The Saturdays here in the UK all falling under her spell. 

Check out the beautiful website for all her designs and original pieces. And remember, everything is handmade!! Amazing. 

In the meantime, to whet your by now burger-fries-and-a-strawberry-shake sized appetite, here are some snaps from her LA store. 

Mwah! x



No comments:

Post a Comment